Preparing Your Home for Hurricane Season
Are You Ready for This Year’s Hurricane Season?
We’ve all heard the predictions for this year’s hurricane season and it appears it may be an active one. No need to panic, just be prepared ahead of time. Below are some tips to help you get ready. Most importantly, keep our phone number handy, because our valued clients will always be a priority should you need anything:
JONATHAN MCGRATH CONSTRUCTION – 407-260-8077
1) Check your roof and gutters. Don’t want to get on your roof, use binoculars and note the areas that have loose or ripped shingles and make certain the gutters are attached to move the water away from your home to reduce flooding in the interior.
2) Installing plywood shutters over all exposed windows and other glass surfaces (including skylights) can offer a high level of protection from flying debris, if installed properly. An important tip, have the shutters cut and ready before any storms approach and mark each one and store them so they can be easily and quickly installed when necessary.
3) Trim and remove any damaged or weak tree limbs that could become “missiles” during a storm.
4) Consider purchasing a generator now, before the rush. For safety reasons, NEVER run a generator in the home or garage.
5) Make sure your home is fully covered from hurricane and flood damage. It’s always a good idea to talk with your insurance agent to be certain.
6) Prepare your hurricane kit (check our website for list)
Jonathan McGrath Construction is available for all of your renovation, custom home and maintenance needs. Now relax, you are in good hands!Tags: central fl, home repairs, hurricane season
Categorised in: Remodeling Blog