Remodeling your home can be a great way to increase your home’s value, however there are a few myths floating around about remodeling that you need to be aware of. The better you understand the facts about remodeling, the more able you will be to make decisions about remodeling your home. Below is a list of common remodeling myths that homeowners need to be aware of, as well as the facts that are hidden beneath them.
- Myth– Going with a low price saves you money.
- Fact– Quality work is worth the higher initial cost because it saves you more money in the long run.
- Myth– If the Better Business Bureau (BBB) doesn’t have any complaints against the contractor they are a safe bet.
- Fact– Just because they do not have any complaints reported to the BBB does not mean that they have the best skill set to complete the job you need done.
- Myth– You should buy the materials yourself to save money
- Fact– Contractors have established relationships with manufacturers that can help them get discounts that you would not be able to get yourself.
- Myth– The term fully insured means the contractor carries all of the necessary insurance to provide you with adequate protection.
- Fact– Even if a contractor is fully insured, you can still be liable for the damage caused by a contractor or any accidents the contractor may have on your property.
You might also be interested in:
Check back with us often for additional remodeling tips, or contact us today at 407-260-8077 to discuss your goals and get our expert advice on remodeling!
Categorised in: Orlando Home Remodeling Resources