5 Reasons to Remodel Your Home
You love your neighborhood; can’t bear the idea of up-rooting your family, but you’re busting at the seams! What do you do? You are not alone; millions of other Americans are facing this classic housing dilemma every day. Do you remodel or move?
Here are some of the primary reasons you should consider REMODELING your home instead of moving, or as we like to say “Don’t Move, Improve!”
- Location…location…location! Let’s face it, in real estate it is ALL about location. Being in the ‘right’ neighborhood, in the ‘right’ school district, with the ‘right’ neighbors is important to your overall quality of life! In most cases, the home you are living in is meeting those basic requirements. Perhaps you love your oversized backyard or the convenience to all of your favorite local dining and shopping venues. Do you really want to give all that up? It IS possible to have the best of both worlds…..a beautiful new home in an older, established neighborhood. This can be accomplished through professional remodeling. So, instead of uprooting your family, give your home a make-over.
- It’s not only about space – it’s about personal preference. The first question we ask our clients is ‘What’s important to YOU in your home?” It is critical to determine and prioritize the spaces and places in your home that are most relevant to your lifestyle. For some families, it is all about the kitchen, for others it might be about expanding the space in the master living areas. Regardless, there is no ‘one size fits all’ remedy to improving your home. So, instead of starting over with a new home, why not focus on the areas of your existing home that need improving.
- Remodeling is less expensive than moving. There is a misconception among many people that remodeling your existing home will cost MUCH more than moving to a new home. This is simply not true. When you work with an experienced and qualified remodeler, one of the first things they will do is work with you to create a plan that fits within your budget. Also, when it comes to moving into a new home, there are many hidden costs that need to be considered. For example, time off from work, hiring packers and movers, purchasing new coordinating furniture, finance charges, closing costs, as well as realtor fees…..not to mention the overall stress involved with moving to a new home.
- Remodeling your home allows you to customize your space. When you choose to remodel your home, seldom used spaces become transformed into more livable spaces. Do you have a formal dining room that NEVER gets used? Why not turn that into an entertainment/media room? Have your children left the house? Turn that spare bedroom into a home office. When you remodel, living space can be customized and personalized to meet your specific lifestyle needs.
- You have more than money invested in your home. This is probably one of the most important reasons to consider remodeling versus moving into a new home. Your home is an extension of yourself and your family. A home is a place where memories are made. Over the years you have invested in your ‘home’, whether it was through decorating, painting or landscaping. Your home has a distinctive personality. Remodeling is another one to enhance and improve upon your investment.